McCain’s Jackets are ready-baked jacket potatoes, perfect for a quick lunch as they cook in the microwave in just 5 minutes. As part of their #lunchin5 campaign McCain approached Trinity Mirror looking for content that would enhance the #lunchin5 messaging for a stay at-home mum target audience.
Our challenge was to deliver content that truly inspired rushed-off-their-feet, at-home mums to cook with McCain Jackets, driving home the message that they are the perfect solution for busy lunchtimes. We knew that Modal Mums lead demanding, time-poor lives (70% agree that there are not enough hours in the day to do everything they want), so when it comes to feeding the family, they appreciate quick, easy and healthy solutions. And because they love family time, ideas that free them up to spend more time with the kids are sought after.
Trinity Mirror’s news brands are trusted sources of advice, so we were ideally placed to provide Mums with not only quick and easy recipes and lunch solutions, but with inspirational content on what to do with all that precious time saved.
We created a weekly series of native content for print and digital, featuring recipes, tips and tricks and inspirational stories.
- For October half-term we gave mums 5 fun ways to keep the kids entertained, along with an easy to follow recipe using McCain’s Jackets.
- We spoke to ‘Mumpreneurs’ and asked them to reveal their secrets in mastering the perfect work/life balance.
Using our in-house, bespoke campaign measurement tool ARQIVE (Audience Reach, Quality, Impact and Value evaluation) we could measure the effectiveness & success of our campaign against press industry benchmarks:
- The campaign saw an overall editorial approval rating of 74% (11% loved it and 63% liked it). 60% found the content interesting, beating the industry benchmark by 6ppts
- 41% of Notebook readers agreed the content had made them reflect on changes they could make in order to make their busy lives easier – 40% agreed the content had made them think how they can make faster meals to fit their lifestyle
- 16% had tried or were planning to try the recipes featured and43% were interested in finding out more about McCain’s 5-minute meals: "It is always good to learn new things. This article made learning something new interesting"